Welcome to Whiteburn Projects’ privacy notice in relation to our website at www.whiteburn.co.uk (“Website”).
This privacy notice is issued on behalf of Whiteburn Projects Limited (“we“, “us” or “our“), a company incorporated under company number SC041132 and have our registered office at Clock Tower, 1 Jackson’s Entry, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH8 8PJ.
This privacy notice will inform you about what data we collect from you, how we use it, circumstances where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure.
We take the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adhere to applicable data protection legislation. In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 we are data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to the Managing Director, Whiteburn Projects Limited, Clock Tower, 1 Jackson’s Entry, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH8 8PJ.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU
We collect and process your personal information in the following ways:
- you may give us information about you via our Website. This may include information you provide when you contact us via the Website, indicate your interest in a development, indicate your interest in a property, or register with us;
- you may give us information by corresponding with us by mail, text, e-mail, (or other form of electronic communication), telephone or in person;
- by visiting our Website we may automatically collect technical information which may form personal information; and
- we may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources;
This Website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data from which an individual can no longer be identified (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data: includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- Contact Data: includes address, email address and telephone numbers;
- Financial Data: may include bank account and payment card details;
- Technical Data: includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this Website;
- Usage Data: includes information about how you use our Website;
- Profile Data: includes your username and password, searches made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses; and
- Marketing and Communications Data: includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preference.
WHY WE NEED THIS INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. We use the information we collect about you:
- to enable us to perform the contract we have entered with you, including provision of the services;
- to help us with understanding more about how our Website is used;
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you (such as details of properties), either electronically, by email, by text or otherwise;
- to be able to respond to your query;
- if required to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation;
- if necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- if needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests);
- for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations.
We usually do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
It is your choice whether you receive information such as marketing from us. If you indicated that you are interested in receiving regular information about our activities, we may send you communications electronically or by post. We will not contact you for marketing purposes unless you have given your prior consent. If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to the Managing Director, Whiteburn Projects Limited, Clock Tower, 1 Jackson’s Entry, Edinburgh, Midlothian, EH8 8PJ.
All of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you raised with us.
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not always completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to us electronically; any transmission is at your own risk.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential. However, we will disclose your information to other third parties, such as property agents, builders, suppliers and other property representatives in relation to properties in which you indicate an interest.
We may also disclose your information to our suppliers and service providers for the purposes set out in the policy or for purposes approved by you.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with data protection legislation.
If our business enters into a joint venture with or is sold to or merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners or owners.
NO TRANSFERS OUTSIDE THE EEA
We will not transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area (EEA).
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
Under Data Protection legislation, you have the following rights in connection with your personal data, which can be exercised at any time:
- Right of access: you can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and check we are processing it lawfully;
- Right to rectification: you can request that any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you is corrected;
- Right to erasure: you can request that we delete your personal information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You must provide valid reasoning for your request. This can be exercised in conjunction with the right to object (see below);
- Right to object: you can object to our processing of your personal information where we are processing on the basis of our ‘legitimate interest’ or that of a third party. We shall cease processing your personal data unless there are compelling and legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests;
- Right to restrict processing: you can request that we restrict our processing of your personal information. Information will be retained but not further processed;
- Right to data portability: where processing of personal data is carried out by automated means, you can request the transfer of your personal information to another party;
- Right to withdraw consent: where we are processing your personal data on the basis of consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time;
- Right to not be subject to decision making based on automated processing: you shall have the right to not be subject to decision making based solely on automated means including profiling; and
- Right to complain: you have a right to lodge a complaint with a Supervisory Authority, which is an independent public authority established in each EU member state in accordance with Data Protection Legislation. The Supervisory Authority for data protection issues in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
You also have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office in relation to our use of your information. In the United Kingdom, the Information Commissioner’s Office can be contacted via their website – www.ico.gov.uk.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.